Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday morning, yep that's right a week since we left home

Friday morning, yep that's right a week since we left home, has come - been and gone, bugga – shame really when there is so much to see and so much to do. Just like the Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland.
Last night, as Gill pointed out, we went out to dinner in a replica Viking Ship - the Aetyynn FoAAaHAeu that is in the river of St-Petersburg. Yep I know that you can’t say it, but nor can I, so we are even. The meal was fantastic as was the view, mind you Gill thought that meal should be good as we now obviously have an investment in the boat with the cost of it – Cam & I were not at all concerned with cost only the view and everything else that it provided.
Let me tell you, anyone going into a role where customer service is involved should be sent to Russia for training – the service is impeccable. I would venture to say that I have never experienced anything like it in my life. Nothing is too much problem. Apparently the wages are extraordinarily low, with the average wage being between $800 & $1000 PCM so they really appreciate the tips and I am sure that is even a motivator in the service – none the less come to Russia for service.
Today we’re off to Peterhof and the Church of the Saviour on the Spilt Blood so I guess that will mean much more walking.
Never mind a semblance of sense has prevailed from last night when she who thinks she should be obeyed and son thought that catching a yellow bus thing and the metro would be the best option to now where we are going by our or at least my favoured form of transport the trusty Lada – gee, I have a new found respect for these cars.
Oops just over heard a conversation apparently we are now not taking the Lada but apparently some Hydrofoil thing that they have found, mmmmmmmm that could be interesting - a new experience, I think that I shall comment on it later. Will have to be good to beat the Lada though I would think.

No comments: